To call a Senior Minister, our Constitution and Bylaws require a congregational meeting announced on two preceding Sundays, a quorum of 100 members, and a vote by ballot. In light of the extraordinary and extenuating circumstances created by the COVID-19 pandemic, and in the interest of fulfilling obligations under the Constitution and Bylaws, Council has voted that participation by members during any candidating activities within the week of August 16-23 contributes to building a full 100-member quorum for the virtual congregational meeting and vote on August 23, 2020.
Due to our unusual pandemic circumstances, and in order to offer members every possible opportunity to vote on this important decision, we are offering four methods for Members only to each vote one time:
- Electronically during the August 23 congregational meeting on Zoom immediately following the worship service. A confidential and secure YES/NO ballot through Zoom will allow each of several members of a household using a single device to vote
- By telephone to Office Manager Lisa Stanger in the Church Office (812-332-4439) by noon on Sunday, August 23 (voicemails will be accepted and counted);
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Sunday, August 23.
- By written ballot, with one ballot for each member of a household.
Written ballots may be:
- mailed to the church office (2420 E 3rd Street, 47401) and postmarked by 5 p.m. Wednesday, August 19
- hand delivered to the church by noon on Sunday, August 23, or, if necessary,
- picked up locally by Mary Peckham (812-361-5047) by arrangement before 5 p.m. on Saturday, August 22
PLEASE NOTE—only members can vote to call Reverend Jessica Petersen. People who wish to become members may do so on Sunday August 16 in order to become eligible to vote. Please contact John Krueger by phone at 317-498-0710 or email (email@example.com) immediately to join.
Please direct any questions about the candidate search, call process, or voting procedures to: